Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Kwah Hee Special: My Girlfriend Can See Ghosts.

My movie section has been offline for some time.(Partly because of my busy commitments.)
But yet, I just caught this interesting film.

Normally when a Romantic film, in a theatre you will see hoards of Couples cuddling and catch the film together. But for me, I decided to catch it with a friend of mine.

About the story
Due to her unique ‘sense’, Yu-ri (Son Ye-jin) is unable to live a normal life or even think about dating anyone. One day, cupid’s arrow strikes a horror magician with frail ‘guts’, Jo-gu (Lee Min-Ki), to fall for Yu-ri. Their sweet dating game turns into a sheer nightmare with ghosts blocking in the way of their happiness. Although Yu-ri is used to it, Jo-gu is terrified and feels his life threatened. Despite the spine-chilling stumbling blocks, Yu-ri and Jo-gu cannot give up on their love and put up the fight of their lives to keep it.



My Take
I would say that controlling 3 Genres in 1 film is not an easy feat, especially when you have a Horror- Romance-Comedy in one.I couldn't resist to Korean Flicks partly because of its interesting storyline about its opposite partner. Of course the storyline is straightforward and convincing,and yet a good pacing and handling between the genres. You freaked hard,and you laugh hard.

However, the female lead's role is bland,which could be a challenge to justify a guy falling in love with this character and could be better if there is more focus on the male lead role as a magician.

Of course,be sure to look at the end credits before you leave the theatre. Bet you will be laughing throughout the end credit.


My Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
"My Girlfriend can see Ghosts." is now showing Exclusively in Cathay Cineleisure, Cathay AMK Hub,Cathay Causeway Point.Rated PG13 for its Some Frightening Scenes

No comments:

Post a Comment