Pages

Sunday 11 December 2011

MV Checkout: Peggy Hsu's Smiling Fool 《卖笑的傻瓜》

Remember seeing an announcement about Peggy's latest MV release...on her facebook page...but only managed to check this video a while ago.

Titled Smiling Fool, or 《卖笑的傻瓜》, is dubbed by the "creator" as the most difficult song that she ever written to be sang.(But it is a real nice song that I would recommend in the album.)



Music Background
Set in a desolate and sad tone, this song was arranged specially with piano and Strings Trio (normally consist of 2 Violins and 1 Cello) to evoke the emotional mood of this character in the music video and in addition,complex tempo with a wider range of keys,has raised the bar of the track production which lead Peggy,(the composer/songwriter/performer of this song) to dub this as the most difficult and challenging song ever performed by her.




Behind the scenes of the song...

My Take: 
Be it the most difficult song ever to be performed by the artiste,as a consumer to music,I would say that this is the most Impossible song that I will be able to create.(I swear I create noise more than music.)
When I first listen to this song,I was like eh...this melody sounds normal,but after listening for a couple of time,it's like Wow! That's of course without saying...her range is wider than Finding Neverland(in an album titled Peggy's Wish Box in 2007), despite her song tempo for this song doesn't defeat 汽球 ,but yet it's the most difficult song that I would imagine it to be.


Visual wise,The combination of overlaying footages in the Bridge segment has impressed me as a transition with experimental movements which could make one dizzy after watching it,but this is something that has instead attracted me besides the theatrical footages.

For this album's personal recommendation,Check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment