Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Kube2: My personal take

"This review is done at the writer's expense (ie. buying the kube and self testing).
Hence there is no association for this post to be "Sponsored" or being paid by the company."
3 Days since I bought the Kube2...and it's charging on my laptop.
The aesthetic of this product is WAY TOO COOL!
(I swear, I did not buy the Kube when it first launched)
From its 1st Gen Kube,which consist of 5 different colours (for you to collect,especially fanatics)
For its 2nd Gen Kube,1 colour says it all.
I would say the Kube2 is a good representation of Style.
(I assume they have learnt their lesson from the "Kueh Lapis" strategy)
*My term "Kuih Lapis" refers to 5 Kubes put together in a vertical row,it looks like those colourful Layer Cake*

I remember showing this to a group of my peeps in a dinner gathering,everyone uses words like "Cool,Style,Nice" to describe this Kube.


A sticker (aka skin as they call it) was banded in the box.
(You will get one of the 4 design of the sticker).
But I am not going to paste it on.It's not to my desire piece
I like it the way it is,simple as it is.
Bare in its Aluminium body.

Battery Life
The battery life is indeed to its promise,remember for the very first time charging my Kube2,it took exactly 1 hour to charge this lil' fella.6 hours of continuous play-time is well expected in this toy(It shuts me off as expected at 7pm,since I started playing my tracks(with syncing and full charging) from 1pm.

Each Kube2 comes with 
  • Player(That's of course)
  • 4GB MicroSD card
  • MicroSD card Reader
  • Earphones 
  • Charging Cable


The player...
A touch sensor interface for screen navigation, all you need to do is to swipe left and right for next track
Up and down for Volume,and swipe adjacently(ie.left border to bottom border) for pause and (right border to bottom border) for shuffling.

With a blue LED indicator as a marking reference,you will know how should you position your Kube player,so that you will not be frustrated using it.



The Bad:
 Interface is Not Sensitive enough.
I used my thumb to flick to the next track,but it still keeps getting the wrong command,so you got to "wipe" past the touch sensor to give the command to its maximum accuracy.


The Earphone
Think I should name it as Earpiece.
This Earpiece is one of the best design I have seen.
An evolution between the traditional earpieces,The Kube2 has used a tangle-less earpiece.
Ensuring long lasting use of their quality earpieces.
*in short,say bye to Tangle, and hello to Long lasting earpieces*

(Update on 29 Dec 2011 : The audio quality is not really satisfactory as expected.Had a consumer feedback with the boss.BUT NO WORRIES! They are fixing it.)
My Advice: Use your own earpiece,make it to a good use instead.You know your stuff well.

Accessories(MicroSD card reader and Charging Cable)

Like many MicroSD-enabled phones, The Kube2 has provided a handy card reader,in a form of USB adaptor to allow users to transfer their music list as and when and wherever they are.








Charging cable,I like the way it "carries" the Kube 2 up while charging...it looks like some little pod extending from my laptop.Perhaps of its bendable L shape structure,which makes it possible to carry this petite gadget.












What can be improved?
I would look forward to see a hole drilled for Lanyard strings
(I prefer to have the mp3 attached with a Zip Lanyard,this way it can act as an accessory besides a listening gadget.)

Indeed a brand new way of creating an evolution of the world's mini mp3 player(1x1x1 inch)
A symbol of Style,with a new touch zero button user interface.

Of course,I swear that despite it's a small player,it does not shortchange you in terms of the audio quality of the player.(I am seriously convinced.)

A brand new product proudly created in Singapore, by Ollo Technologies LLC.
Now available at all 7-11 Stores,priced at $45.90
For more details of the Kube2,click here

Photo Source: Official Kube Images

No comments:

Post a Comment