Pages

Thursday 22 March 2012

My Take: War of The Arrows

Yesterday I watched something futuristic,today I caught another flick,this time...a Period flick.
How well balanced is it for my week?
The Synopsis...
Set in 1636, the second Manchurian invasion of Korea rages chaos, as villages are attacked by overpowering Manchurian soldiers. The Manchurians kidnap childhood sweethearts, Ja-in and Seo-Goon on their wedding day. In an effort to save his sister, Ja-in’s brother Nam-Yi sets out to defeat the enemy and save his sister and other Korean victims with only 1 bow.



My Take:
Probably one of the impressed Action packed flick I have caught this year.
No matter how gore the film look, it was indeed beautifully shot,acted,directed and scored.

The lone ranger hero, a protector to his sister, a jinx to the Manchurian, this character,played by Park Hae-li, has really blown countless of throats of the Manchurian army with his skilled shots from his weapon (Bow and Arrow),with his side shoot.3 words to describe...THAT IS INSANE! For a moment I was reminded of him as the Korean version of RAMBO,especially when he's shooting his arrow at a impossible angle.

This film is a Box office Hit in Korea for 5 Consecutive weeks.Think about it,if it's not good enough,I wouldn't be in awe at all. Be sure to catch it.

War of the Arrows: :王者之箭 will be opening in Cathay Cineplexes on 29 March.
UPDATE as of 29 March 2012, War Of The Arrows: :王者之箭 is rated PG13 with consumer advice: Some Violence and Intense Sequence.
Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment