Pages

Friday 2 December 2011

JSKJ Art Exhibition,Brat兔崽子: The Opening

Under the kind invitation of The Art House and JSKJ.
There I am...
Jones Ong's First Multidisciplinary Art Exhibition.
Brats Hopping about the glass door,as if it's dancing.

Upon entering,you will be greeted by the 2 coolest rabbits.
Denim
Pink



















A small table setting,ever wonder why?
Here's the story...
Jones, as a child enjoys drawing on textbooks and since then he took this passion to his adulthood.
So of all the animals,why Rabbit?
He was on a promotional trip for his 2nd Album in Taiwan and he got homesick.
As the only child in the family,he just thought of his 3 'babies',his rabbits.Hence he started drawing his characters in a form of Rabbits.
From his personal collection of Sketches...and among those,I like a couple of them.

 Simply like the one on the Left...Broke My f**king Arm!!!
(That sounds like me  when I fractured my arm when my Bunny was alive)
Yes,I used to own a bunny,but it passed on due to some illness.

Mona Bunny Lisa


The bunny at the bottom,shows an attitude,and I really like that sketch.

Sketches aside...
Now for the best thing...
As a fan of contemporary artists Gary Baseman and Yoshitomo Nara
Jones executes his art in a bold and provocative manner.

And here are some of my top favourites...(and if I have the money,I will buy it at that very instance!)
 I wanna be a Super Hero


Late Night Driving
Falling Water

They looked real WHOA! in terms of its linear and perspective painting...I can feel the painting afterall,just by looking at it.

Now...Behind The Curtain
Masked Exposure.

Masked Exposure is Jones' Multidisciplinary Art comes to LIVE.
Comprising of Photography and Films.
Masked Exposure depicts Jones' personal struggles in the entertainment Industry

Where this 9m8s film was a collaboration work between local filmmaker Randy Ang, 
Jones and his long time music collaborator,Jim Lim.
A snippet of the video 


You ought to check this out!
Date: 2 Dec to 7 Dec
Time:11am-9pm
Venue: Blue Room, The Art House Level 2
Admission:Free,Open to Public

(Have I mentioned that the works you see in this posts [except the sketches] are actually for sale,where a portion of the proceeds from the exhibition will benefit The Business Times Budding Artists Fund,Now you know!)



No comments:

Post a Comment