Pages

Friday 4 November 2011

Ho say boh :From its past to its present

2011...A girl named Adelyn Hosehbo hit the headlines for slapping her mother...on STOMP
The Following day,
Another Article was being published again...And more admits slapping their parents.
(These people needs to go to Anger Management classes,and even better,
more counselling sessions for them,I would say)



And more articles start to surface with news like boasting about stealing gems to buy XX bags(These went viral on the net).

Twitter feeds containing the term "HoSayBoh" ( or HoSehBoh) start to surface overnight in ridiculous manner.

I ponder...what exactly happened to the Gen Z afterall? Where is the moral value and integrity of this girl?


To Sidetrack the topic...

I would say HoSayBoh is a term commonly used in Singlish, to means "Great or not ?" in Hokkien
(I admit, I do use that term as often as it is when I meet close friends and in a form of greeting if I have not met them for...quite some time...)

But looking back in 2004,
The term "Ho Say Boh" was first heard in this short film titled "Tak Kiu" ,by Jacen Tan

And Since then, Jacen starts his Indie production inspired from "Hollywood",named HoSaywood.


Just a thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment