Pages

Friday 4 November 2011

3M:Super Sticky Ties Unite

3M is well known for its sticky post-it pads products.
(Coincidentally I was presenting an idea with the use of
Post It Pad as an idea for today's problem statement in my module)

But have we wonder such a piece of post it pad can do wonders like this?

A small scale video has created a new use of Post It Pads.


But what about creating an Art Mural with post it pads?
 “Super Sticky Ties Unite!” Design Contest forms a creative platform for youths to express their views. Participants were invited to create original wall mural designs based on the theme “unifying ties close to their hearts” using Super Sticky Notes as their medium. Finalists were then shortlisted to execute their blueprints on walls measuring 4metres (length) by 2.5metres (height). 



With a simple piece of Post It Pad...You can...

do this?!

This?( Holy Molly!)

And this as a Backdrop!

Wait a minute...Why am I there in the first place???
I decided to "gatecrash" to this event to say hi to some of my peeps from Youth.sg

But of course,I am in for a visual treat!

The Stage's Backdrop...


Close up from one of the works...

Of course I do have some favourites...Here's my Top 3 Favourite
No. 3

I was greeted by this mural the moment I entered the Art+ Flea ground.
Titled “Eating Time"

No.2

This won the Grand Prize
Titled "Zest"

My Top Favourite

Titled Nostalgic Memory
(It didn't win...Boohoo...but at least I get to see this.)
It reminds me of the playgrounds in the heydays!

Besides the Top 3 Favourites...Here are some other works.

"The More We Get Together"

"Together"

"Family"

I get to see quirky ones like this

And ...


And the Avant-Garde one...

"An Eye for the I"

How can I forget this contest is held in collaboration with ‘Be the Change!’, a youth-driven project supported by the National Youth Council (NYC) and Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS). The campaign aims to engage and empower youths to contribute thoughts on how to make Singapore a better place.



This massive Post-It Pads displays are created using 35,000 pieces of POST IT PADS and will be shown to public over this weekend.So YOU OUGHT TO CHECK IT OUT!


Location : Flea Market Space @ *SCAPE
Date: 5-6 NOV 2011(THIS WEEKEND ONLY)

No comments:

Post a Comment